Wednesday, March 19, 2014

One Lucky Year

What a difference a year makes! Last year at this time, I had just found out I was pregnant (in Las Vegas on St. Patrick's Day, to be exact). Now, I hold my almost-four month old baby boy.  At least once a day, we marvel in disbelief that we have this little baby.  He is ours. We have a kid! We are so lucky.

We completed the DNA testing and found that there is a 0% chance of paternity by my husband. Again, this is what we expected, but I still felt a little sadness when we got the results.  I can not imagine what my husband feels.  He has been so strong and such a good father.  We needed to know for sure.  The results put to rest the small twinge of hope that a genetic link existed, so that we could move on and appreciate our unique family the way it is.

I was lucky and blessed to have a relatively easy pregnancy.  I actually had a thought the other day that I missed being pregnant!  Then, we have been lucky and blessed to have such a "good" baby.  He only cries when he is tired or hungry.  He sleeps through the night now...and I'm talkin' a solid 9-10 hours!  He is the kind of kid that tricks fertile parents into having multiple children in quick succession.  If having one perfect baby is this wonderful, having two perfect babies will be doubly wonderful, right?! 

Good or bad, we really don't have to worry about an "accidental" pregnancy.  We physically can't be tricked!  But the little guy really does make us think about the future and the possibility of future siblings sooner, rather than later.  What will the next year bring?  If things go the way we plan, we hope that by this time next year, I will be pregnant again - one way or another.  But, we know all too well what God thinks of our so-called "plans"!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for caring and checking in...I've finally posted an update to my blog.

      Delete