The last couple of weeks have been okay. Day by day. I consider myself a pretty patient person, for the most part. People often comment that I'd have to be very patient to put up with my husband! And that man can aggravate, that's for sure. Joking aside, however, infertility has put my patience to the ultimate test. Time just goes on and on and on. Working on one thing after another, test after next text, phone call after phone call, ultrasound after ultrasound, doctor bill after doctor bill. Pretty soon 3 months have gone by. Then another 6 months, or so. And you're still right where you started. You haven't gotten anywhere.
It's been almost a month since our initial consult with our new RE. Still no real plan of action has been put in place, but a heck of a lot of tests. All of the latest blood tests and urine tests that DH has been subjected to have come back "normal". Whatever that means. They were waiting on one more test result, but I'm guessing that will be "normal" too. I don't know if they will decide to put him on hormone therapy to improve his testosterone or what. We'll see.
AF decided to rear her ugly head again today. Full force. This month she was on time like clockwork, showing up in 29 days. At least it didn't mess with my head by being late. So today is Day 1 for my clomid test. Not exactly sure what the point of this test is, except they want to check my ovary function through a blood test on Day 3 and Day 10 and taking clomid somewhere in between. Ok. I'll do it. Whatever you want. So, I get to take off of work early to get an ultrasound tomorrow - while on my period. I hate those. Luckily, they are letting me do the bloodwork at my local hospital instead of driving all of the way to the clinic two Saturdays in a row.
In other news, DH has been on Chantix for over 2 weeks. His official "quit day" of smoking was Monday, April 11th. He's cheated a little bit every day - having about 1 cigarette each day this week, but this is seriously the best he has ever done in the attempt to quit. And coming down from a full pack a day is not an easy feat. The house is smelling better along with his breath! Also, the extra $6 per day is already adding up. I hope this sticks. We're only on Day 4 of this, but I'll keep shelling out the $140 per month for chantix (not covered by my insurance) as long as it takes. It's cheaper than smoking!
So, we'll wait for the test results for DH. We'll wait for the test results for me. Then we'll wait to see if the non-smoking has any effect over a 3 month timeframe (puts us to July). Then we'll see if any other therapies have done their job. Then we'll see. Patience. Patience. Patience!
Ugh, it's hard not to get frustrated..it's all such a process! Hoping things go smoothly for your appointment tomorrow and that the Chantix continues to help him break the smoking habit. Thinking of you guys and holding so much hope that in a few months we'll be celebrating. <3 you!
ReplyDeleteGood for him! Keep that chantix going!!!!
ReplyDeleteThe waiting game is the worst, hun. You really are having a rough time right now. Sending you great big hugs.
ReplyDelete