Sunday, April 17, 2011

Positively Bloody

Looking through my past posts, I seem to be giving off a bit of a negative vibe.  I don't mean to.  I think I mostly try to stay positive in my real life so much that the rest of it gets jotted down in this blog.  Unfortunately, when I do that, there's not much positiveness left to write about.  So, I'm going to try to be a bit more positive in this post - or at least use more exclamation points!

I went to the RE on Friday to have my Day 2 ultrasound.  It's funny because this process is SO routine for me.  When the staff at the clinic asks if I've had an ultrasound before, I almost laughed.  When the PA asked if I've taken clomid before and if I understood the risks of multiples, I just smiled and said that I've been there.  I feel like such an old pro!  I'm also getting pretty good at driving in really crappy weather.  A spring snowstorm can't stop me from getting to my ultrasound on time!

On Saturday, I went to the hospital's lab for some blood work.  Again, I'm a pro at this too.  My veins don't always cooperate, but I can handle the needle.  The girl (who looked about 19) got me on the first poke.  After a few twists and turns of the needle, two vials slowly filled up.  Cotton ball and tape and pressure and I was on my way.  As I walked out of the room, I pulled my sweatshirt sleeve down and I felt something wet on my arm.  I was bleeding all over from my arm, through my sweatshirt and dripping down my arm.  I turned around and said, uh, I think I need a new bandage.  The girl was very apologetic.  It happens. 

Tomorrow I start 100mg of clomid for 5 days.  Then more blood work on Saturday at the hospital.  Hopefully next Saturday's blood draw doesn't ruin my sweatshirt!

11 comments:

  1. Do you remember showing up for your first u/s? I look back at that day and never would think we'd be 'old pros' at something so undesirable!!!

    Hoping 2011 brings us good news, and SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - I love the comment above...I totally remember how cool I thought that first u/s was - now they don't faze me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you...it's so strange to think back to when we were newbies at all this and we had no idea this whole expansive IF world existed. Definitely hope the blood work goes smoother next time:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I now consider a PAP smear to be a walk in the park, LOL. As I pointed out to my doctor, a lot of people have been there and I am no longer bothered by the intrusion. Although I put it a bit more bluntly...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I consider myself a "pro" too - and I've even noticed a difference in my relationship with the nurses and admin staff. (Not that I can't wait to "graduate"!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy ICLW!

    Yup, I too feel like a 'pro' at all this stuff. It's amazing how casual you get with it all after awhile. I also had a scan today and was actually thinking how relaxed I was about depantsing and how I now have no shame about having it all on display for the doctor!

    Wishing you the best of luck with your journey. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stopping by from ICLW. I'm so new to this IF thing that you "old pros" reassure me that eventually it won't be as scary as it seems! Sending MANY good vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm stopping by from ICLW and wanted to wish you lots of luck on this cycle! Also, I just gave you an award! (at Stress Free Infertility). Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. popping by from ICLW, I have to admit I have a little giggle every time someone asks me if I've ever had a TV scan. I hope clomid is treating you well this cycle, sending loads of positivity your way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best of luck to you!

    You're awarded on my blog!

    Happy ICLW! #100

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy ICLW!!

    It is funny what we call ourselves pros at during the IF journey.

    I have said I am a pro internal Ultrasounds...

    Good Luck this cycle!!

    ICLW #96

    ReplyDelete