
A big thank you to amiracle4us for my very first blog award!
I started blogging not even a year ago and this infertility thing has been plaguing us for going on 5 years with no BFP in sight. I have found that the stories of other women in this forum give me hope, inspiration, and strength. I realize that I am not alone in this. I can only hope that my lil' ol' blog posts can do half as much for others as what it does for me.
Okay, here is how this thing works:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Aware 15 recently discovered bloggers that are deserving
4. Contact those bloggers and let them know about the award
My 7 things (this is harder than I thought it would be):
1.) I do not like scary movies, but rather movies that include musicals, cartoons, or generally any that can make me laugh out loud or cry. And really it's not that hard to make me cry.
2.) I love to read. My husband sold his prize possession (a 10 yr old stereo system) on Craiglist so that he could buy me a Nook for Christmas without me knowing about it since I handle the checkbook.
3.) As disgusting as it may be, and I realize that it is, I like to tweeze the hairs from my husband's back. It's therapeutic and he seems to like it.
4.) At one point during my sophomore year of college, I struggled to figure out what I wanted to do with my life and I applied to a tech school to be an ultrasound technician. There was an interview process and they only accepted 7 applicants per year. Fortunately, I ended up #8. The training may have come in handy now though.
5.) At 5' 10", I'm taller than the average man which is 5' 9".
6.) I've worked for 5 different companies in my life: Shopko, Chili's Bar & Grill, (a logistics company that no longer exists), Kohl's, and my current company which is an insurance company.
7.) I watch Days of Our Lives. Religiously. Not because it's particularly good, but out of habit. I. need. to. stop.
I hereby bequeath the following bloggers the 'I heart This Blog' award:
A little blog about the big Infertility
DO I HAVE TO BE A DINK?
Spermination Station
Tales from the Rat Race
Three is a Magic Number
Going For It
A Little Hope
Are We There Yet?
believing in june
Fearlessly Infertile
Lauren vs. The World
Thanks for the award! I am honored!
ReplyDeleteMy hubby won't let me get near him with tweezers - not for the lack of trying though!!!
Some of those u/s techs make really good moolah - I know ours makes a killing every single time I go in for these stupid follicle scans. I won't lie, its made me consider a career change. :)
ReplyDeleteI've sure been thinking about you the last few days.
I watched Days for 12 years every day until a little while after I graduated college and then I just did not have the time. I can't remember what was happening when I left it. I know Shawn and Belle had hooked up in the fire and had a baby and Mimi was breaking up with Rex and stuff like that.
ReplyDeleteI rewrote our wedding vows so we had to say, "For all the days of my life." Just like in every wedding in the show. I am such a loser.
I am the same about movies :) And thanks for the award! And I'm laughing about Lauren's comment, and I may now have to go tease her. LOL.
ReplyDeleteHey, I read your comment last night and say your post when I was catching up on my blog reading. Thanks so much for the award! That means alot to me. I love your blog too!!!
ReplyDeleteI was wondering how I can get the code to the award artwork, so that I can do a post of my own about it and proudly display it on my page??? Any help would be appreciated...I am so not tech savvy :)