I had my 2nd ultrasound for our IVF cyle today, 07/16. It was an early morning, an 8 am appt, and I could barely keep awake on the 2 hour drive to the clinic. I think I'll change my next appt to later in the morning. I made sure to drink lots of water so my blood would be easier to take. So, of course, I had to GO as soon as I walked in the door - even before I checked in with the receptionist. I do my business and check in. The receptionist then tells me that they have to take urine today, so I better drink up. Really? - I just went! So I proceed to guzzle about 3 glasses of water before they call me back.
The tech takes my blood, but it doesn't want to come out. She only got one vial and decided that since I have my appt on Monday, the remaining blood tests could be run at that time. So all the water didn't really help - but at least she found a vein!
They take me back to the ultrasound room, and I realize that now I have to pee. I hold it, but wonder if the U/S will be any good if my bladder is full. Usually, they want it to be empty. The nurse comes in and reviews my chart. Sheryl is awesome. She's done my ultrasounds in every IUI with this RE, and is super nice. She mentions that my protocol doesn't involve too many drugs - this is good, I think, but also strange to her. I told her that the doctor wanted this IVF cycle to look like my first IUI (actually IUI #6) with the RE. I tell her I've taken 5 days of Femara and only one injectible of Menopur so far (starting last night). She reviews my chart and seems to agree with the doctors protocol this time around....Sheryl uses her magic wand to check out my ovaries. She mentions that I must "have to GO". My bladder is big and obvious on the screen! She said it doesn't bother her or the pictures, but it may be uncomfortable for me. I was a champ and held it some more. The nurse proceeds to take pictures. They kept coming, one after another. Measuring, and measuring. Every time she moves the wand, more little black dots show up on the screen, she takes a picture, and measures them. Lookin' good!
Sheryl finishes up and leaves the room. I get dressed and go find my pee cup. I do my job, hand over my [very clear] pee, and then go to the nurse's station to find out what are collectively cookin' in my ovaries. The Femara seems to have done its job! Sheryl took pictures of and measured 11 follicles in the left ovary and the right ovary has 12 follicles! 23 is a pretty good number, I think.
I'm pretty happy with the result of this appointment. We are on the right track. The doctor's instructions for me is to continue with 2IU of Menopur over the weekend and "we'll see you on Monday". Fingers crossed!
Yeah! Fingers and toes crossed!
ReplyDeleteWow, you have lots of follies already. That is great!!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like it is going swimmingly :) Congratulations! I have my pre-stim u/s tues morning :) good luck sweetie!
ReplyDeleteWoo-hoo 23 is an amazing number!!! You know I had to laugh at you having to pee, you always make so much fun of me for my small bladder...just wait until your pregnant:) Praying everything continues smoothly for you guys!!!
ReplyDeleteYAY!
ReplyDelete